Get ready to dive into an unforgettable summer filled with exciting celebrations and fantastic performances right here in Poway! From blockbuster movies, lively concerts, to fun events for the whole family. Poway has something for everyone to enjoy. So grab your popcorn, get your groove on, and join us for a thrilling summer!
Poway Celebrates the Fourth of July
Poway continues its tradition of day-long Fourth of July patriotic celebrations.
Bring your family and friends to Old Poway Park for Old Fashioned Fourth of July and celebrate our country’s independence turn-of-the-20th-century style from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. This event will feature patriotic entertainment, free children's crafts, train displays, and old-fashioned games. Tasty treats and train rides will be available for a nominal fee.
Enjoy two spectacular firework shows as they light up the sky over the Poway High School Stadium and Poway Sportsplex at 9 p.m. Gates at Poway High School open at 6 p.m. for games, activities, and a DJ spinning the tunes. No registration is required, please pay at the gate. Children ages 11 and under are free with a paid adult admission ($5). Please arrive early to allow plenty of time for parking.
Lake Poway is open to the public on July 4 and will stay open as a viewing area for the fireworks at the high school. Please be aware that viewing is limited from the lake this year as the ballfield is closed as part of the water infrastructure capital improvement program. Parking is $10 for non-residents. Residents and active military members (with ID) are free.
A parking map for fireworks viewing is online.
Summer Movies in the Park
Bring a blanket and enjoy a family-friendly movie under the stars. Movies will be shown on a giant, cinema-quality screen approximately 15 minutes after sunset. The recreation area opens at 6:30 p.m. View details in the calendar section at poway.org
- June 17: Soul (Community Park)
- July 1: DC League of Super-Pets (Community Park)
- July 15: Minions: The Rise of Gru (Poway Community Swim Center)
- July 29: The Bad Guys (Community Park)
- August 12: Alice in Wonderland (1951) (Old Poway Park)
Summer Concert Series - 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Our free summer concerts are 5:30 to 7 p.m. on Sundays. Parking fees at Lake Poway apply for non-residents. View details in the calendar section at poway.org.
- June 25: The Blue Breeze Band (Lake Poway)
- July 9: Pop Vinyl (Lake Poway)
- July 16: The Benedetti Trio (Old Poway Park)
- July 23: Pickleback Shine (Lake Poway)
- July 30: Lisa Sanders (Old Poway Park)
- Aug 6: Britain's Finest (Lake Poway
- Aug 13: The Pomerado Community Band (Old Poway Park)