Whether your preference is shoreline fishing, dock fishing, or renting one of our many options for boating, Lake Poway has it all! The lake even operates a Concessions Stand where you can pick up bait, tackle, fishing poles, and much more.
Lake Poway Fishing
- Bait, tackle, lake permits, and refreshments are available at the Lake Poway Concession.
- Fishing is permitted from Wednesday to Sunday. View our permit and boat rental fees online.
- Please check our weekly fish report for fishing conditions, stocking dates and discounts.
- State fishing licenses are not required; however, Poway fishing permits are required.
- Year-round fishing is available for trout, bass, catfish, sunfish and bluegill.
- You can fish from the shoreline or from a rental boat.
- Bass: 5 max, minimum of 12 inches
- Bluegill: 10 max
- Catfish: 5 max
- Sunfish: 10 max
- Trout: 4 max (no catch and release)
- A State of California Fishing License is no longer required to fish at Lake Poway.
- Dogs are not allowed in the boats or on the shoreline.
- Each angler is allowed to use a maximum of two rods.
- The trout limit is now 4 trout.
- All anglers require a daily fishing permit to fish.
- You must carry your permit with you at all times.
In order to protect the integrity of the Lake Poway and surrounding water systems the following restrictions are now in effect. The following items are prohibited at Lake Poway:
- Float tubes
- Private motors and anchors
- Live Bait Containers
- Fish Finders
- Floating Catch Baskets
- Live Bait (shiners, crawdads, etc.) from any source other than the Lake Poway Concession
- Any other items, determined by Staff, to be potential contaminants