Night Fishing returns to Lake Poway.
Beginning July 10th and continuing every Friday and Saturday night until September 5th. The lake will be open until 11:30 p.m., and boats must return to dock between 9 and 11 PM depending on group. Due to COVID-19 boat rentals will be limited. Everyone must bring a face covering and wear it when required. Show picture ID at dock after renting a boat at concessions. All occupants of a boat must be from the same household. Catfish will be stocked July 10th, July 17th, July 31st, August 14th, and August 28th. (Stocking schedule subject to change.)
| UPDATED 6/3: Boating and Fishing are now open (Wed - Sun) by permit.
Lake Concessions is open 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Please observe all guidelines posted at the lake regarding safety precautions.
Face coverings must be worn in Concessions, while in line, on the dock, and in boats until boats are away from the dock.
Maintain 6' distance.
All occupants of a boat must be from the same household.
|Adults (16 to 54)||$7|
|Youth (8 to 15)||$3|
|Youth (7 and under)||Free with paid permit|
|Seniors (55 and older)||$3|
|Active Military (with ID)||$4|
Lake Poway Fishing
- Bait, tackle, lake permits, and refreshments are available at the Lake Poway Concession.
- Fishing is permitted from Wednesday to Sunday. View our boat rental fees online.
- Please check our weekly fish report for fishing conditions, stocking dates and discounts.
- State fishing licenses are not required; however, Poway fishing permits are required.
- Year-round fishing is available for trout, bass, catfish, sunfish and bluegill.
- You can fish from the shoreline or from a rental boat.
Daily Fish Catch Limits
- Bass: 5 max, minimum of 12 inches
- Bluegill: 10 max
- Catfish: 5 max
- Sunfish: 10 max
- Trout: 4 max (no catch and release)
- A State of California Fishing License is no longer required to fish at Lake Poway.
- Dogs are not allowed in the boats or on the shoreline.
- Each angler is allowed to use a maximum of two rods.
- The trout limit is 4 trout.
- All anglers require a daily fishing permit to fish.
- Fishing permit must be carried at all times.
- Anglers must obey City of Poway Rules and Regulations.
- Fishing in the restricted area is prohibited.
- The use of corn for bait is prohibited.
- The use of Sport fish for bait is prohibited.
- Chumming of bait is prohibited.
- Each angler must have their own stringer.
- No catch and release of trout.
- Bass must be released if under 12 inches.
- No snagging of fish.
In order to protect the integrity of the Lake Poway and surrounding water systems the following restrictions are now in effect. The following items are prohibited at Lake Poway:
- Float tubes
- Private motors and anchors
- Live Bait Containers
- Fish Finders
- Floating Catch Baskets
- Live Bait (shiners, crawdads, etc.) from any source other than the Lake Poway Concession
- Any other items, determined by Staff, to be potential contaminants