Who do I call when a neighbor’s dog is always barking?

Citizens are often unaware that their dogs bark for extended periods of time while they are away from home. The City of Poway contracts with the San Diego Humane Society for animal control and dog barking complaints. Please call 619-299-7012 and leave your full name, address, address of the dog(s) and basic details about the complaint on the message line. An Animal Control Officer will notify the owners in writing about the barking.

Please understand that a barking dog is not necessarily a violation of the Poway Municipal Code and that calmly discussing a barking dog problem with your neighbor is often the best way to handle the situation.

Show All Answers

1. How can I report a possible Code violation on a Friday when City Hall is closed?
2. The weeds in my neighbor’s yard are high. Don’t they have to remove them since they could be a fire hazard?
3. My neighbor’s pool is green and full of mosquitoes. What can be done?
4. There is graffiti on my neighbor’s wall, what do I do?
5. Who do I call when a neighbor’s dog is always barking?
6. There is a vehicle on the street in my neighborhood that has not been moved in a long time. What can I do?
7. I just bought a house with an alarm installed. How do I receive service?
8. I called in a complaint a week ago and have not seen anything being done on my neighbor’s property. Why?