Poway streets in pavement maintenance zone 6 has begun and will continue through August. Public Works Street Division is currently doing deep patch asphalt repairs. See below for a list of neighborhood streets and map for work this week.
The city's annual street maintenance project will address deep asphalt repairs on Pomerado Road from Twin Peaks Road to the northern City limit, and paving the entirety of Casa Avenida, Gateway Park Road, Corte Rayito, Valle Verde Terrace, Wild Holly Lane, Monte Vista Road and Avenida Florencia. Work will occur Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with one Saturday scheduled for work on Monte Vista Road to limit the interruption to the commercial and medical facilities reliant on access to operate.
Work will require lane closures, which will change daily as the contractor completes repairs in each section of the road. Police, fire and emergency medical vehicles will have access at all times during construction. The second phase will start in July and run through the end of August and will place a slurry seal on the same streets as the deep patch repairs were done.
Message signs will be placed to notify motorists of current road work information. View the street maintenance map.
Poway maximizes the use of public funds by applying the right treatment at the right time to extend the life of the pavement. This approach maximizes pavement life using available and anticipated funding to keep the City’s streets in good condition. The City rotates street repairs, with one of eight street maintenance zones worked on each year.
Street Maintenance - Week of May 30. Public Works Streets Division will be doing deep patch asphalt repairs on the following streets this week. Signs will be posted ahead of the work:
- Tuesday 5/30: Avenida Granada, Calle Corta
- Wednesday 5/31: Valle Verde Road (south of Espola Road), Calle Colina (north of Maverick)
- Thursday 6/1: Calle Colina, Maverick Court, Pacer Lane
- Friday 6/2: Stoney Acres Road, Orchard Bend Road
Street Maintenance - Week of May 22:
- Monday 5/22: Camino del Valle (Avenida la Valencia to Avenida la Florencia)
- Tuesday 5/23: Camino del Valle (east end), Corte Paulina
- Wednesday 5/24: Via del Toro (north)
- Thursday 5/25: Via del Toro (west end); Corte Susana, Corte Dorotea
For questions, please call Public Works at 858-668-4700.