Poway City Hall will be closed to the public starting Tuesday, Jan. 4, with staff available to assist customers by telephone or via email.
This is a direct result of numerous positive COVID-19 cases among City Hall employees.
“We don’t take this closure lightly,” said City Manager Chris Hazeltine. “We are committed to balancing our public service responsibilities with the health and well-being of our employees.”
City Hall tentatively will reopen the week of January 17. The Mickey Cafagna Community Center, Poway Center for Performing Arts and other city offices are not impacted at this time. The closure does not affect critical services such as fire, law enforcement and public works. Recreational programs and activities will continue as scheduled, including this weekend’s Winter Festival at Poway Community Park.
City Hall Contacts
- Development Services: 858-668-4670
- Engineering & Planning | Building-Development Permits | Code Compliance | Affordable Housing
- Customer Services: 858-668-4401
- Water, Sewer & Ambulance Bills | Business Registrations
- Community Services: 858-668-4580
- Recreation Classes | Park Facility Reservations
- City Clerk: 858-668-4530
- Council Meeting Agendas | Public Record Requests
- City Manager’s Office: 858-668-4500
- Fire Department Administration: 858-668-4466
- Fire Sprinkler Plans | Fire Alarms | Operational Permits
A full directory of city departments is available at poway.org. Follow the City of Poway on social media for updates (@cityofpoway on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).