Poway’s annual street maintenance begins soon, with the first phase of work anticipated to start the week of May 24 and run through the end of June.
Street work will require lane closures, which will change daily as the contractor completes repairs in each section of the road. Police, fire, and emergency medical vehicles will have full access during construction.
This year’s project will address deep patch asphalt repairs on Twin Peaks Road and Camino Del Norte from the western City limits to Midland Road, and Community and Midland Roads from Twin Peaks to Poway Road. Work will occur Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Message signs have been stationed to notify motorists of current road work information. For the most up to date information, visit the City’s website at poway.org/roads.
Poway maximizes the use of public funds by applying the right treatment at the right time to extend the life of the pavement. This approach maximizes pavement life using available and anticipated funding to keep the City’s streets in good condition. The City rotates street repairs, with one of eight street maintenance zones worked on each year.
The second phase will start in July and run through the end of August.
Neighborhood Streets - Zone 4 Paving Schedule
- Monday, June 14: Community Park and Ride
- Tuesday, June 15: Scots Wy. and Wayland Grove Ct.
- Wednesday, June 16: Hermosillo Wy. and Olive Crest Wy.
- Thursday, June 17: portion of Olive Meadows Dr.
- Monday June 21: Olive Meadows Dr. and Comuna Dr.
- Tuesday, June 22: Olive Grove Dr.
- Wednesday, June 23: Olive Mill Way and Olive Grove Pl.
- Thursday, June 24: Edgemore St. and Sycamore Ave.