Who can prepare plans for a Building Permit?
Any qualified individual, such as a drafter, building designer, architect or engineer, can prepare plans for a new residence, a home addition, or a home remodel project. However, if the project involves other than conventional type construction, as defined in the UBC (contact the Building Division for details), an architect or structural engineer may need to prepare the plans. For projects such as retaining walls, patio covers and second-story decks, which are designed per standard city standards, a simple, legible and scaled plot plan is all that is needed.

Show All Answers

1. What is an Accessory Dwelling Unit and a Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit and am I eligible to have either on my property?
2. What is a SB 9 development and a Urban Lot Split and am I eligible to have either on my property?
3. How do I find zoning information about my parcel?
4. What are the current adopted Building Codes the city uses?
5. How long does it take, and where do I get a Building Permit?
6. What is a Minor Development Review Application (MDRA), and when do I need one?
7. How does the fixed compressed work week schedule affect building inspections?
8. How do I schedule a building inspection?
9. Who can prepare plans for a Building Permit?
10. What are the fees?
11. Is any other type of special information required for a Building Permit?
12. What kinds of plans are needed for a Building Permit
13. Who is authorized to obtain a Building Permit?
14. What doesn't need a Building Permit?
15. How many sets of plans and copies of information do I need to submit?
16. When do I need a Building Permit?
17. How long is my Building Permit valid?
18. Do I need a Grading Permit?