- Community Services - Parks & Recreation
- Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct has been established to help the Community Services Department carry out their mission of enriching lives and enhancing health through an exceptional variety of recreation programs, parks, and facilities. We ask all staff, volunteers, participants, groups, organizations, rental clients and guests to help us provide the best possible environment and experience so all can enjoy our activities and amenities.
- Follow all City and Community Services Department rules, ordinances, policies, and staff direction.
- Respect others.
- Respect all equipment, facilities, and property.
- Refrain from using threatening or foul language, and obscene gestures.
- Refrain from causing bodily harm to yourself and others.
- Refrain from exhibiting suggestive, provocative, offensive clothing or physical displays.
- Be responsible for your actions. Your behavior and conduct may not interfere with others' safety and ability to enjoy and participate in activities, programs, classes, or events.
Community Services Department staff reserves the right to use professional judgement to determine if behavior and actions are in violation of this Code of Conduct.
The City of Poway welcomes people of all backgrounds and abilities to enjoy our programs, parks, and facilities. We will make every reasonable effort and modification to provide access and accommodations to activities and amenities.
Failure to follow this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action, up to and including expulsion from the Community Service facility, forfeiture of fees, and financial or other restitution for damages. Acts conducted by a minor are the responsibility of the parent or guardian. Additional rules may apply to particular programs as deemed necessary by the Community Services Department.