Rules & Regulations
- Walk slowly; DO NOT RUN.
- All persons must shower before entering the pool and wear proper swim attire.
- Emergency and evacuation procedures must be observed.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the pool area.
- Children 7 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult in the water. The adult must pay admission and be in swim attire.
- Children 7 and under that are not able to pass a 25-yard swim test must have an adult with them in the water at all times who is within arms reach.
- Any person may be required to take the swim test prior to entering water that is above their individual height or to use the diving boards.
- Anyone who is unable to pass the swim test will be restricted to areas of the pool where they are able to stand with their head above water.
- Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear waterproof pants or swim diapers in the pool and splash pad.
- Diving from the side of the pool is only permitted in water deeper than 6 feet.
- Toys, flotation devices, masks, fins, snorkels, balls, and any other throwing or diving items must be approved by the pool staff prior to use.
- Toys, equipment, or swim attire that bind limbs or restrict movement in the water are not allowed.
- Animals are not permitted in the pool area.
- Food and beverage items may not be consumed in the water or splash pad. No glass containers are allowed. Please dispose of all trash in trash receptacles.
- Horseplay, roughhousing, fighting, and foul language will not be tolerated.
- Pool steps, ladders, and railings are to be used for entering and exiting the pool only.
- Swimmers moving from the deep end to the shallow end, or vice versa, of the pool are not allowed to cross through the lap swimming lanes.
- Organized used of the pool, coaching/teaching organized individuals, or team use is prohibited unless authorized by the Director of Community Services during times scheduled for this purpose.
- All persons must obey any lawful instructions or rules given by uniformed lifeguards or staff.
- Any person is subject to a swim test.
- The swim test is 25 yards freestyle or front crawl. The swimmer must be able to have their face in the water and have their arms clearly come out of the water.
- Children younger than 8 years old or less than 4 feet tall will be asked to perform a swim test to be able to enter the pool without an adult.
- In order to be put on the "Swim Test List" (so you do not have to perform the swim test each visit), the swimmer must complete a 50 yard swim test.
- Walking only; NO RUNNING.
- Please be respectful of all users.
- Swim diapers or water-proof pants are required for children who are not toilet trained.
- Do not drink the water. Water is recirculated.
- Please watch your children at all times.
- All patrons may be required to pass a swim test before entering the diving area.
- Only one person is allowed on a board at a time.
- Dive directly forward off the board. Do not jump to the sides.
- Immediately after you surface, swim to the nearest ladder and climb out.
- Do not dive until the water in front of you is clear and the jumper before you has reached the wall.
- Only one bounce per dive.
- Leave the board only with your feet.
- Do not swim across the diving well.
- Dives that appear unsafe will be restricted by the lifeguards and staff.
- Any time the pool is open to the public, lanes will be set aside for lap swimming.
- Playing in the lap lanes is not permitted.
- Children are not allowed in the lap lanes unless they are swimming laps and are accompanied by a responsible adult. The adult must be in the same lane as the child.
- The City of Poway is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items. Please take your items with you or lock them in a locker.
- Running, foul language, or horseplay of any kind is not allowed.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Children over the age of 6 must use the designated locker room for their gender or single-use/family restroom.
- Please pick up after yourself before leaving.
- Duration of showers should be kept to a minimum and shower faucets should be turned off after showering.
- Cell phone use or use of any device with an camera is prohibited.
The Poway Community Swim Center is a multi-use facility.
The City of Poway allocates lane and general pool space to a variety of swim, dive, water polo, and water exercise teams and classes. We do our best to ensure that the public and private users of our facility have enough space during their time here. The City of Poway asks that you are respectful of all rental groups at the facility. Space will be reserved for the City of Poway coordinated swim lessons and water aerobics classes.
The public is not permitted to use the pool for private business activities, such as conducting private or group lessons or coaching of any kind.