Enterprise System Catalog
Senate Bill 272
Approved on October 11, 2015, adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 with annual updates.
A software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency.
- Information Technology security systems, including firewalls and other cyber-security systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas or water or sewer functions.
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services.
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure by Section 6254.19.
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges or analyzes.
1. Create a catalog of enterprise systems, containing:
- Current system vendor
- Current system product
- System’s purpose
- A description of categories or types of data
- The department that is the prime custodian of the data
- The frequency that system data is collected
- The frequency that system data is updated
3. To post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency’s website
If the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead provide a system name, brief title or identifier of the system.
|ENTERPRISE SYSTEM CATALOG|
|Product||Vendor||Purpose||Data Category||Custodian||Collection Frequency||Update Frequency|
|ActiveNet||Active Network||Online Class Registration & Facility Reservations||Recreation Software||Community Services Department||Daily||Daily|
|Applicant Tracking||NeoGov||Applicant Tracking||Human Resources||Human Resources/Risk Management Department||Daily||Daily|
|ArcGIS / ArcSDE||ESRI||Geographic Information Systems (GIS)||Geographic Information Systems||Finance Department||As Needed||As Needed|
|Banner HE||Ellucian||Financial & Human Resources System||Financial System||Finance Department||Daily||Daily|
|CivicEngage||CivicPlus||City Website / Content Management System||Web Site||Finance Department||As Needed||As Needed|
|eCARE||Harris NorthStar||Utility Billing and Online Payments||Utility Billing||Finance Department||Daily||Daily|
|Exchange (365)||Microsoft||Enterprise Electronic Mail||Email System||Finance Department||Daily||Daily|
|FuelMaster||FuelMaster||Fuel Management System||Fleet||Public Works Department||Daily||Daily|
|Granite XP||CUES||Video Pipeline Inspection||Asset Management||Public Works Department||Weekly||Weekly|
|InfoSource - Sharepoint||Microsoft||City Intranet - File Sharing, Posting Shared Information for Employees||Web Site||Finance Department||As Needed||As Needed|
|Insurance Certificates Database||City of Poway, Microsoft Access||Insurance Certificate Tracking||Other||Finance Department||Weekly||Weekly|
|Laserfiche||Laserfiche||Document Repository, Public Web Access||Document Management||City Clerk||Daily||Daily|
|MAPS Suite for Banner||eVisions||Checks and eForms||Financial System||Finance Department||Weekly||Weekly|
|Munis||Tyler Technologies||Financial & Human Resources System
||Financial System||Finance Department||Daily||Daily|
|NorthStar CIS||Harris NorthStar||Customer Billing, Meter Reading, Service Order Processing||Utility Billing||Finance Department||Daily||Daily|
|Operations Management System (OMS)||Cartegraph||Asset Management, Service Requests, Work Orders, Inspections||Asset Management||Public Works Department||Daily||Daily|
|OSHA Incident Tracker||JJ Keller||OSHA 300 & Workers' Compensation Recordkeeping||Safety||Human Resources/Risk Management Department||As Needed||As Needed|
|PowGIS||WebGIS Solutions||Online GIS Web Viewer||Geographic Information Systems||Finance Department||As Needed||As Needed|
|Risk Management||City of Poway, Microsoft Access||Risk Management Incident Tracking and Reporting||Risk Management||Finance Department||As Needed||As Needed|
|Seat Advisor Box Office (SABO)||SeatAvisor||Performing Arts Center Online Ticketing||Performing Arts||Community Services Department||Daily||Daily|
|Spiceworks Help Desk||Spiceworks||Track/Manage IT Support Tickets||Information Technology||Finance Department||Weekly||Weekly|
|SwagIt||SwagIt||Live Broadcast and Video Archive
of Council Meetings
|Audio/Video||City Clerk||As Needed||As Needed|
|Telestaff||Kronos||Timekeeping, Scheduling & Notification for Public Safety||Time Management||Safety Services Department||Daily||Daily|
|Tokay||Tokay||Water Backflow Asset Management||Asset Management||Public Works Department||Weekly||Weekly|
|TRAKiT||Central Square Technologies||Permit Processing, Planning Processing, Business License, Code Compliance.||Land Management System||Development Services, Administrative Services||Daily||Daily|
|YourGov||Cartegraph||Service Request Web and Mobile Application||Customer Service||Public Works Department||Daily||Daily|