- Please adhere to age requirements for the different class levels.
- Please note swim lessons skill requirements for the different level classes. Testing available at the pool during open swim hours by appointment only.
- Students who are enrolled for a class either above or below their ability level will be dropped from the class if no other class is available.
- If you cannot make the class on the first day, please call 858-668-4683 to make sure that you are not dropped.
- Please register online or in person at the Community Services Department at City Hall. The Swim Center is not able to enroll participants onsite.
For more registration information, please call 858-668-4570. If you have questions about lessons, call us at 858-668-4683.
Learn to Swim (Under 6)
See the swim class for preschool children.Link to page
Learn to Swim (Ages 6-16)
Gain more swim knowledge well into your early teens.Link to page
Learn to Swim (Ages 16 & Over)
Adults swim classes are available at the Swim Center.Link to page
Private Swim Lessons
We offer private, one-to-one swim lessons for any age or ability.Link to page
Don't know what class to sign up for? Make an appointment to have a free swim lesson assessment. It is highly recommended for determining the appropriate placement for participants. Call 858-668-4680.
Waiting List Information
Can't find space in the class you're looking for? On the registration page, you have the option to add participants to the waitlist. In the event space becomes available, we will contact you with the phone number provided. Please do not show up on the 1st day if you are not contacted, as it will not increase your odds of being placed into a class. New classes may be created based on instructor availability and pool space.