Voter Registration Information
|November 3, 2020 General Election - COVID-19 Update
|Pursuant to Executive Order N-64-20 (PDF), all registered California voters will automatically receive a ballot in the mail for the November 3, 2020 Presidential General Election. No application is needed. The Registrar of Voters Office is encouraging everyone to vote safer at home. Learn more by visiting www.sdvote.com.
Official Mail Ballot Drop Off Locations (PDF)
Official Polling Locations (PDF)
Vote Safe California (PDF)
- The deadline to register to vote if you want to cast a ballot in the November 3, 2020 Presidential General Election is Monday, October 19, 2020.
- Voter registration requirements: U.S. Citizen and 18 years of age on or before Election Day.
- Register to Vote online at the Secretary of State website https://registertovote.ca.gov/.
- You can request a voter registration form by calling the Registrar of Voter's office at (858) 565-5800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.. Voter registration forms are also available by appointment at the City Clerk's Office by calling (858) 668-4530.
- Go Paperless! Sign up to receive your voter information guide electronically following the instructions listed on the San Diego County Registrar of Voters website https://www.sdvote.com/content/rov/en/elections/esample_ballot.html.
- Although all registered voters will automatically receive a ballot in the mail for the November 3, 2020 General Election, you may still apply for a permanent mail ballot through the Registrar of Voter's office - Permanent Mail Ballot Application
- Remember, you must re-register if you have moved or changed your name.
- There are fewer polling locations than in prior elections, so be sure to check your polling place on the back of your Sample Ballot or online using the link below. Ballots will be mailed to all registered voters starting the week of October 5.
To vote in-person, take advantage of early voting, beginning October 5, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at the San Diego County Registrar of Voters, located at 5600 Overland Avenue, San Diego, CA 92123.