To ensure your safety and enjoyment, and that of other park visitors:
- Allow for frequent shaded rest stops.
- Carry a cell phone, and whistle, if possible.
- Do not hike alone. Use the buddy system.
- It is important to keep hydrated. Drinking water is available in the parking lot.
- Keep your dog on a leash of 6 feet or less at all times. Bring water for your pet.
- Portable restrooms are located in the parking lot and 1 mile from the trail head in the outdoor classroom.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Wear a high factor sunscreen. Cover as much of body in lightweight clothing as possible. Wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Remember to carry ID. Include any relevant medical information.
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings. Do not wear headphones.
- Stay on marked trails at all times. This is natural habitat and many different animals live here. Rattlesnakes and mountain lions are in the area.
- Try not to hike during hottest part of the day.
- Wear appropriate closed-toe shoes with suitable traction
If you see anything suspicious, notify the Blue Sky Office or call the Poway Sheriff at 858-513-2800.