Start, Transfer, or Stop Water / Sewer Service

The City of Poway provides water service to its residents. To have an existing water meter turned on, or to transfer water service into your name, you will need to complete an Application for Water Service (PDF) at least 24 hours prior to the date you would like to start service. Requests for service starts must be for a normal business day. Same day requests must be made prior to 3 p.m. to avoid additional fees. See Same Day Requests

2 Ways to Apply for Water Service

  1. In Person - Visit the Customer Services Department at City Hall, located at 13325 Civic Center Drive in Poway, to apply in person.
  2. Online - Download the Application for Water Service (PDF), complete the required fields, print the form, and return it to us via emailalong with a legible photocopy of your photo I.D. Enlarging the copy usually ensures clarity and legibility. Please remember to sign the printed form before emailing.

    Once the application has been sent, call our office at 858-668-4401 to confirm that we received your email and that the application is complete.

    Please note that a deposit may be required before water service can begin.Application for Water Service Opens in new window

Same Day Requests

If the water is currently off at the property, it can be reinstated on the same day by emailing your completed application and then contacting the Customer Services Department at 858-668-4401. Requests must be made before 3:00 p.m. on normal business days. Please be sure to let Customer Services know the water is off when you call.

After Hours Requests

Requests made after 3:00 p.m. on normal business days or on weekends or holidays are subject to after-hours fees. To have service reinstated during these times / days, contact the city's Water Treatment Plant at 858-668-4751. You will be required to sign an agreement regarding this fee and to contact Customer Services before 9 a.m. the next business day to pay the fee.

Stop Water / Sewer Account

To close your account and receive a closing bill, please fill out the Close Water / Sewer Account Form. You must allow 1 business day notice. You will be asked to provide the service address, the closing date, a forwarding address, and a phone number. You will remain responsible for all charges until you contact us with this information and request closure of your account.