The Finance Department is divided into 6 operational divisions including the Office of the Director, Customer Services, Finance, Information Technology, General Support Services, and Capital Replacement. These organizational divisions coordinate the day-to-day activities of various internal operations of the city and supply specialized staff support services to all other city departments.
The department's staff is vested with the responsibilities of:
- Documentation of administrative policies and procedures
- Efficient production of water and sewer billing and meter reading functions
- Maintenance of the city's computer system
- Overall management of the city's finances with a focus on maintaining the city's financial viability
- Preparation and maintenance of annual balanced budgets
Finance Department staff also function as in-house consultants by providing technical expertise and specialized financial information to other city departments.