Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- County of San Diego Public Health updates
- California COVID-19 updates
- 2-1-1 (Countywide resource for information and services, including COVID-19 testing sites)
- CDC website (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
News and Resources
Get COVID-19 Exposure Notifications
[1/12/21] CA Notify is private, anonymous and secure notification system to get COVID-19 exposure alerts and to protect those around you. You only receive alerts if you were in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19. Your privacy is protected as your identity is not known and your location is not tracked. Californians can enable CA Notify in their iPhone settings or on Android phones by downloading the app from the Google Play Store.
What Not to Flush: Help us Protect our Wastewater System
Poway residents are encouraged to adhere to some simple guidelines during the COVID 19 pandemic, and at all times throughout the year, to protect the wastewater collection system from blockages and spills. Please remember the following:
- The toilet is not a trash can.
- FLUSH ONLY water, wastewater, and toilet paper down the toilet.
- DO NOT place wipes, paper towels, towels, clothing, sanitary napkins, plastic items, rubber items, hair, dental floss, diapers, food or kitty litter in the toilet.
- DO NOT pour grease in drains or toilets.
The Public Works-Utilities Department services over 186 miles of sewer collection lines, 12,212 sewer laterals, 4,066 manholes, and 5 sewer lift stations. This includes ongoing maintenance, cleaning, repairs, removing blockages, replacement of laterals, mains, and manholes.
COVID-19 and Your Utility Bills
The City of Poway is well-prepared to continue providing water and wastewater services during the COVID-19 pandemic including staff, equipment and infrastructure to maintain services. Water quality and supplies are not affected by COVID-19 and remain safe.
Disconnection of water service due to non-payment has resumed as of June 1, 2022. If you have any questions regarding your account or would like to request a payment arrangement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us during normal business hours at (858) 668-4401. For financial assistance resources.