Water Service Disconnections Due to Non-payment for Residential Customers
- Water service may be discontinued if the current water bill or alternative payment arrangement is delinquent for at least 60 days.
- In the event of non-payment of a water bill by an Owner for a residence that receives individually metered residential water service, a Tenant may request to become the customer of record to avoid discontinuation of water service, if the tenant agrees to certain requirements.
- If you are unable to pay your bill, residential water customers may be eligible to request an alternative payment arrangement. Once the account has been tagged for shut off due to non-payment, payment arrangements are not considered.
- Residential customers that meet specified medical and financial requirements will not have service discontinued for nonpayment and may have a normal bill extended for up to 12 months, if they meet specified requirements.
- Customers desiring to initiate a complaint or to appeal services or charges shown on a water bill must do so in writing within eight (8) days of the date billed.
For more information, please view the Discontinuation of Residential Water Service Policy:
Discontinuation of Residential Water Service Policy (English)
Política de Interrupción del Suministro de Agua Residencial (Spanish)
Patakaran sa Pagtigil ng Serbisyo ng Tubig sa Tirahan (Tagalog)
주거용 수도 서비스 중단 방침 (Korean)
Chính sách về việc Cúp Nước Sinh hoạt (Vietnamese)
住宅供水停止政策 (Mandarin Chinese)
Please contact Customer Service at (858) 668-4401 with any questions or to request that a copy of the billing procedures be mailed to you.
*In the 2021 calendar year, there were zero (0) service disconnections due to non-payment for residential accounts due to emergency orders in effect related to the COVID-19 pandemic.